What Do You Believe?
Simply stated, we believe the Bible. We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, making it true and relevant to our lives today. We look to the Bible to tell us who God is and to tell us who we are. The Bible guides us in everything from our relationship with God—to morals, ethics and integrity, in family life, business life, church life, and more. While no single overview could include all that we believe, the following points summarize some critically important aspects of our faith:
* We believe the Bible is the only divinely-inspired Word of God, the complete revelation of His mind and will to mankind without error or omission—written by men at God’s inspiration—II Timothy 3:16
* We believe the Bible is our infallible guide for salvation, for the Christian life and for church practice.- II Timothy 3:1-17, II Peter 1:21
* We believe all things were created by God, who exists eternally in the three distinct persons of the Trinity—God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit—John 1:3.
* We believe the universe was created by God in six, literal, consecutive days.—Gen. 1:1-31
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and His perfect sinless humanity. – Matthew 3:16-17, Matthew 1:18-25
* We believe Jesus Christ is God the Son and that He came into this world as a man in order to die on the cross as a substitute for sinners— I John 2:2
* We believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead and that today He lives in Heaven as our advocate before the Father—I Corinthians 15:3-4
* We believe that through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ we can be forgiven, made clean from our sins and justified before a perfect God—Romans 5:1
* We believe salvation is a result of God’s great grace and that it is received exclusively through faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ— Romans 3:24
* We believe that man was created in the image of God, is of a higher order than animal life, has a God-conscious spirit and even after physical death has a soul that lives on forever either in Heaven or Hell and the Lake of Fire. Genesis 1:26-27, 2:7, 35:18, Luke 16:19-31.
* We believe every person is born with a sinful nature and that our sin separates us from God and renders us helpless to save ourselves— Romans 3:23
*We believe marriage was instituted by God and is between one man and one woman for life—Genesis 2:21-25, Mark 10:7-9.
* We believe life is given by God and begins at conception (Genesis 2:7). Life is intended to end in death by God alone and any human intervention to cause death is murder. (Exodus 20:13, Job 1:21, Hebrews 9:27).
* We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment; and the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide—John 16:7-8.
* We believe in the eternal security of each believer. Once a person is saved they are always saved and cannot lose their salvation—John 10:28-30
* We believe in the personal, imminent, coming to the air of Jesus Christ to take every genuine believer home to heaven prior to the start of the seven year tribulation period. —I Thessalonians 4:13-17, II Thessalonians 2:1-12
* We believe that Heaven is the eternal home of the saved. We also believe that Hell is the eternal abode of the lost. John 5:24; Revelation 20:11-15
What Do You Practice?
*We meet together for prayer, ministry and teaching as we find in Acts 2:41-42 and I Thessalonians 5:14
* We believe there are two Christian ordinances—baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism by immersion signifies that the believer has died with Christ, has been buried with Him, and has risen to walk in the newness of life. We hold The Lord’s supper on the first day of each and every week to remember and show forth the Lord’s death—Luke 22:14-20, Acts 20:7, I Corinthians 11:23-26.
*We practice church discipline as we find it in Scripture.- 1 Corinthians 5.
* We practice the priesthood of all believers— I Peter 2:5.
*In our church meetings, we practice that any public speaking is performed by the men, while the women participate silently. We believe in the teaching of headship and the practice of the head covering. I Corinthians 14:34, I Timothy 2:11-12.